5.28.2008

Cougars and Kittens Out in Force for Sex In the City Premire In Columbus

Way out on the west side of Columbus WNCI, Vitamin Water and Mercedes Benz held a preview showing of the new Sex in the City Movie. I got to be there to review the flick for Kids-In-Mind.Com.


There was a red carpet, a young chick in a really little dress that she had to keep pulling down was taking photos and they were passing out Vitamin Water. I didn't get my photo taken nor did I get a comp water. I'm not sure if I wasn't cool enough, and as a journalist I am supposed to refuse perks, but I'd still like the option - dang!


Anyway the movie was great, you'll have to wait and see it for yourself, no spoilers here! The best thing about the event last night was of course the people watching. With a half-hour plus to kill before the movie started I got a chance to see women pour into the theater.


There were more heels than sneakers running around the theater. It's like everyone got a memo - and yes I had on my pumps too. Not too often I get to bust them out on a Tuesday for a non-business related function. Carrie would have been proud. There were also tons of designer bags as women channeled their inner "sex." The best thing is that there were women of all walks of life in attendance.


Oh there were the fashionistas of course, those whose designer jeans were made for Manolos. Available in both young and middle-aged versions, these ladies either clopped (young) in their heels in groups of 4 or 5 or glided (middle-aged) with their long-time girlfriends as they scoped out the best seats in which to swoon over Mr. Big.


There were also a couple pairs of mom jeans, women who know the joys of extra butter on their popcorn (my kindof women) and oddly enough, mom and daughter crews.


I don't know about you, but sitting next to my mother while Miranda and Steve get it on is not my idea of fun.


As a fan of the show, I do catch it occasionally after the girls are in bed and have gotten used to the sanitized version. I forget how in your face the sex can be. It was a little jarring. But those ladies have got some confidence I tell you what.


Strangely, there were a bunch of scenes in which the boom mic was clearly visible in about 10-15 minutes of the movie. The color was off and the crowd kept giggling during high drama scenes because you kept seeing that darn fuzzy mic.  I hope this was just the preview version.


We were treated to a feed from the NY premire and Kojo just reconfirmed how damn annoying he is. Between the fawning and the sweating and the poor interviewing skills. Urgh, Yuck and I'm embarrassed for him...Bleh


Have you seen the movie? Are you going with your girlfriends?


No comments: